- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 (4-1/2 tsp.) envelopes Fleischmann's® Quick Rise Yeast
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 cup butter OR margarine, melted
- 1/2 cup very warm milk (120° to 130°F)
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup (about 2 medium) mashed ripe banana
- 1/3 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter OR margarine, softened
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 to 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Mix batter ingredients together in a pre-sprayed 8 X 8-inch baking dish. Set aside for 10 minutes. Combine streusel topping ingredients in small bowl mixing with fork until uniform. Beat together icing ingredients until smooth; set aside.
- Top batter with streusel topping. Using fingers, poke topping thoroughly into batter.
- Bake by placing in a COLD oven; set temperature to 350°F. Bake for 30 minutes or until done. Cool 10 minutes, then spread icing over top.
Recipe Note: If desire, batter may be mixed in a separate bowl. Proceed as directed above.