- 1-3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 (4-1/2 tsp.) envelopes Fleischmann's® Quick Rise Yeast
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup very warm water (120° to 130°F)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 to 10 ounces (about 18 to 20) small meatballs, frozen, thawed
- 3/4 cup pizza sauce
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded mozzarella & provolone cheese blend
- 1 teaspoon Italian herb seasoning
- Mix batter ingredients in a pre-sprayed 9-1/2-inch deep dish pie plate.
- Top dough with meatballs. Firmly push meatballs into batter. Pour pizza sauce over meatballs and sprinkle with garlic, cheese and seasoning.
- Bake by placing in a COLD oven; set temperature to 350°F. Bake for 30 minutes or until done.
Recipe Note: If desired, batter may be mixed in a separate bowl. Proceed as directed above.
- Nutritional Claims: Source of fibre, Excellent source of protein, Source of potassium, Excellent source of calcium, Good source of iron