- 1/2 pound ground Italian sausage
- 1/2 cup diced onion, fresh OR frozen
- 1 package (8 ounces) sliced, fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup pizza sauce
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 (4-1/2 tsp.) envelopes Fleischmann's® Quick Rise Yeast
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup very warm water (120° to 130°F)
- 2 tablespoons Mazola® Canola Oil
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded mozzarella OR Italian cheese blend
- Brown sausage in a skillet over medium-high heat, breaking up sausage with a spoon as it cooks. Add onion and mushrooms; cook until almost tender (about 3 to 4 minutes). Remove from heat; drain if necessary.
- Mix batter ingredients in a pre-sprayed 9-1/2-inch deep dish pie plate while sausage browns. Spread pizza sauce over batter.
- Top dough with cooked sausage and mushroom filling, spreading evenly. Firmly push toppings into batter. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake by placing in a COLD oven; set temperature to 350°F. Bake for 30 minutes or until done.