30-Minute Family Style Pizza
1 Rectangle Pizza
- 1-3/4 to 2-1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 (2-1/4 tsp.) envelopeFleischmann's® Pizza Yeast or Fleischmann's® Quick Rise Yeast
- 1-1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup very warm water (120 to 130 F)
- 3 tablespoons Mazola® Canola Oil
- 1/2 to 1 cup pizza sauce
- 1 to 2 cup other toppings as desired
- 1 to 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Combine 1 cup flour, undissolved yeast, sugar and salt in a large bowl. Add very warm water and oil; mix until well blended, about 1 minute. Gradually add enough remaining flour to make a soft dough. Dough should form a ball and will be slightly sticky. Knead** on a floured surface, adding additional flour if necessary, until smooth and elastic, about 4 minutes. (If using Quick Rise Yeast, let dough rest at this point for 10 minutes.)
- Pat dough with floured hands to fill baking sheet. OR roll dough on a floured counter to 18"x13" rectangle; place in baking sheet. Form a rim by pinching the edge of the dough.
- Spread with pizza sauce. Top with desired toppings and sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake on lowest oven rack for 12 to 15 minutes, until cheese is bubbly and crust is browned.
*If you don't have a thermometer, water should feel very warm to the touch.
**To knead the dough, add just enough flour to the dough and your hands to keep the dough from sticking. Flatten dough and fold it toward you. Using the heels of your hands, push the dough away with a rolling motion. Rotate dough a quarter turn and repeat the "fold, push and turn" steps. Keep kneading dough until it is smooth and elastic. Use a little more flour if dough becomes too sticky, always working the flour into the ball of dough.
Recipe Note: Use crust to make one thick crust 9-inch pizza. Increase baking time to 20 minutes.