- 3-3/4 to 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 (2-1/4 tsp.) envelope Fleischmann's® Quick Rise Yeast
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1/4 cup amaretto liqueur
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds, toasted and chopped
- 1 cup powdered sugar, sifted
- 2 tablespoons amaretto liqueur
- 1 to 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- Combine 1 cup flour, sugar, undissolved yeast, and salt in a large mixer bowl.
- Heat milk, butter, amaretto liqueur, and lemon juice until very warm (120° to 130°F). Gradually add to flour mixture. Beat 2 minutes at medium speed of electric mixer, scraping bowl occasionally. Add egg and 1/2 cup flour; beat 2 minutes at high speed. Stir in chopped almonds and enough remaining flour to make a soft dough.
- Knead on lightly floured surface until smooth and elastic, about 8 to 10 minutes. Cover; let rest 10 minutes. Roll dough to 12 x 8-inch rectangle. Beginning from short end, roll up tightly as for jelly roll. Pinch seam and ends to seal. Place seam side down, in greased 9 x 5-inch loaf pan. Cover; let rise in warm, draft-free place until doubled in size, about 1 hour.
- Bake at 375°F for 35 to 40 minutes or until done. Remove from pan; cool on wire rack. Drizzle with Amaretto Glaze; sprinkle with sliced almonds.
- Amaretto Glaze: Stir powdered sugar, amaretto liqueur and milk in a small bowl to make glaze of drizzling consistency.