- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup cold butter OR margarine, cut into pieces
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup Crown® Lily White® or Golden Corn Syrup
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter OR margarine
- 1/4 cup heavy OR whipping cream
- 1-1/2 cups sliced almonds
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a 15 x 10-inch baking pan with cooking spray.
- For CRUST: Beat flour, butter, sugar and salt in a large bowl at medium speed until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Press firmly into prepared pan. Bake 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- For FILLING: Combine corn syrup, brown sugar, butter and cream in a medium saucepan. Bring to boil over medium heat; remove from heat. Stir in almonds and vanilla. Pour over hot crust; spread evenly.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until set and golden. Cool on wire rack. Cut into 2 1/2-inch squares; cut diagonally in half for triangles.