- 1/2 cup farro
- 1/2 cup quinoa
- 1 cup boiling water
- 3 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup splelt flour
- 2 (4-1/2 tsp.) envelopes Fleischmann's® Quick Rise Yeast
- 1 tablespoon vital wheat gluten
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons Mazola® Corn Oil
- 1-1/4 to 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons milled flax seeds
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- Pour boiling water over farro and quinoa in a small bowl. Let stand for 10 minutes.
- Combine 2 cups whole wheat flour, spelt flour, yeast, vital wheat gluten and salt in a large mixer bowl. Heat milk, water, honey and oil to very warm (120° to 130°F). Add milk mixture to flour mixture. Beat for 3 minutes until almost smooth. Beat in remaining 1 cup whole wheat flour, farro mixture, flax seeds and chia seeds. Add enough all-purpose flour to make a soft dough. Knead on lightly floured surface until smooth and elastic, about 6 to 8 minutes. Cover and let rest for 10 minutes.
- Divide dough in two equal portions. Form into round loaves and place on separate baking sheets that have been sprayed with cooking spray. Or place in two greased 9 x 5-inch loaf pans. Cover and let rise until double, 45 to 60 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Bake bread for 45 to 55 minutes, until well browned. (If using 2 baking sheets, switch between oven racks half way through baking.)
- Let cool on racks or in pans 5 minutes, then turn out on wire racks to cool completely.