- 1 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon Fleischmann's® Corn Starch
- 1 teaspoon Fleischmann's® Baking Powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons milk
- ½ teaspoon vinegar
- 3 Granny Smith apples, peeled and sliced ½ thick
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 cup Mazola® Canola Oil
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Icing sugar for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease and line 9 springform pan with parchment paper.
- Prepare apples, by placing in a small saucepan, pour lemon juice, water and sugar over them, toss gently, cook over medium-low heat for 5 minutes to soften. Remove from heat, let cool.
- Combine milk and vinegar, set aside to sour.
- In a bowl, whisk together flour, corn starch, baking powder and salt, set aside. Whisk oil, sugar and vanilla together for one minute, add eggs and milk, whisk for another minute. Gradually stir in flour mixture until smooth. Pour into prepared pan, spread out evenly. Arrange apples over batter.
- Bake in preheated oven for 50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with moist crumbs. Cool on wire rack for 10 minutes before removing from pan. Dust with icing sugar before serving.
TIP: Feel free to substitute the apples for your favourite fruit, canned fruit works well too, such as peaches or pears.