- 3/4 cup sugar, divided
- 1/4 cup Fleischmann's® Corn Starch
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup butter OR margarine, melted
- 1/2 cup Crown® Lily White® Corn Syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups peeled, chopped apples (about 2 large)
- 1 cup sliced or slivered almonds, toasted
- 1 (9-inch) Pie Crust
- 1 apple, peeled and thinly sliced (optional)
- Sliced almonds, toasted (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375° F (190° C).
- Reserve 2 tablespoons sugar. Combine remaining sugar and corn starch in a medium bowl. Beat in eggs until well blended. Stir in butter, corn syrup and almond extract. Mix in chopped apples and almonds. Pour into pie crust.
- If desired, garnish with apple slices arranged in a circle around edge of pie; fill center with additional toasted almonds. Sprinkle reserved sugar over top.
- Bake 50 minutes or until puffed and set. Cool on wire rack.