- 6 cups cooking apples, peeled, cored and sliced 1/2-inch thick (about 5 to 6 medium-sized apples)
- 3 tablespoons Fleischmann's® Corn Starch
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup Beehive® OR Crown® Golden Syrup
- 1 cup quick OR old fashioned oats
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- Preheat oven to 350?F.
- Stir apples, corn starch, cinnamon and corn syrup together in a large bowl, until apples are well coated. Transfer to a greased 8 x 8-inch baking dish.
- Combine oats, brown sugar and flour in a large bowl. Cut in butter with a pastry blender or two forks until mixture is crumbly. Sprinkle over apples.
- Bake for 45 to 60 minutes, or until apples are tender.