- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon Fleischmann's® Corn Starch
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons butter OR margarine, melted
- 1/2 cup Crown® Lily White® or Golden Corn Syrup
- 6 cups thinly sliced, peeled cooking apples (about 2 pounds)
- 1 (9-inch) unbaked deep-dish pie crust
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter OR margarine
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- FOR PIE: Combine sugar, corn starch, cinnamon, salt, butter and corn syrup in a large bowl. Add apples and stir to coat. Pour into pie crust.
- FOR CRUMB TOPPING: Combine flour and sugar. Cut in butter with a pastry blender or two knives until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle evenly over pie.
- Place pie on baking sheet to avoid boil-overs in oven. Bake 1 hour, until crust is brown and apples are tender.
TIPS: If crust browns too quickly, cover edges with foil halfway through baking.