- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup Fleischmann's® Corn Starch
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup butter OR margarine, melted
- 3/4 cup Crown® Lily White® Corn Syrup
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3 large cooking apples, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 (9-inch) deep dish unbaked pie crust
- 1 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg, ground
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Combine sugar and corn starch in medium bowl. Whisk in eggs. Stir in butter, corn syrup, milk and vanilla. Fold in half of apples. Pour into pie crust.
- Place remaining apples in overlapping circle on top of pie. Sprinkle brown sugar cinnamon mixture on top of apples. Bake for 50 minutes or until center of pie is set. Cool on wire rack. Refrigerate.
- For Topping: In a small bowl mixture together brown sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg.