- cups 4 cups all purpose flour
- 6 teaspoons Fleischmann's® Bread Booster
- 3 cups apples, diced
- 2 tbsp cinnamon, divided
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 6 tbsp butter, divided
- 1 (2-1/4) teaspoons Fleischmann's® Quick Rise Yeast
- 6 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup milk
- 2 eggs
- For frying, Mazola® Canola, Corn OR Vegetable Oil
- 1½ cups powdered sugar, sifted
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- In a large bowl, combine flour and bread booster. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, toss diced apples with 1 ½ tablespoon of cinnamon and lemon juice, set aside.
- Heat two tablespoons of butter in a frying pan over medium heat. Once melted add apple mixture to the pan and cook until apples are soft, approximately five minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Place three cups of the flour mixture, yeast, sugar, salt and ½ a tablespoon of cinnamon in the bowl of a stand mixer, stir to combine on a low setting. Place water, milk and four tablespoons of butter in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave on HIGH in 15 second increments until very warm but not hot to the touch (120° to 130°F, the butter will not melt completely). Add to the ingredients in the stand mixer bowl. Add eggs.
- Using the dough hook attachment, mix on medium speed for two minutes, stopping to scrape down sides as needed. Once incorporated add the cooked apples. Mix on low until apples are incorporated. Add enough remaining flour mixture until soft dough forms. Place dough in a bowl; greased with vegetable oil, turning to coat, and let it sit covered until doubled in size, 45-60 minutes. Turn dough onto a lightly floured surface and roll into a 12 x 18 inch rectangle using a rolling pin. Cut the rectangle into 20 equally sized pieces. Cover pieces with a kitchen towel and let sit for 20-30 minutes.
- Heat oil to 350°F. Fry dough pieces in batches for 1 to 1 ½ minutes per side, or until golden brown. Place cooked pieces on a wire rack to cool.
- To make the glaze combine powdered sugar, milk and vanilla in a medium bowl and mix until incorporated.
- Once fritters have cooled top with glaze and serve.