- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup Crown® Lily White® Corn Syrup
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts OR pecans
- 2 tablespoons Mazola® Corn Oil
- 2 small apples, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 (2-1/4 tsp.) envelope Fleischmann's® Quick Rise Yeast
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup Mazola® Corn Oil
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 egg
- For Topping: In a small bowl mix the oil, brown sugar, and corn syrup. Pour into a 9-inch round cake pan. Sprinkle with nuts. Arrange apple slices over topping.
- For Batter: Combine 3/4 cup flour, sugar, undissolved yeast and salt in a large bowl. Heat milk, water, and oil until very warm (120° to 130°F). Add to flour mixture; beat 2 minutes until well blended. Beat in eggs, vanilla, cinnamon and 1/2 cup flour. Add remaining flour and mix until smooth. Spoon batter over apples in prepared pan.
- Cover and let rise in warm place 45 minute to 1 hour.
- Bake in preheated 375°F for 25 to 30 minutes or until golden brown. Cool 15 minutes in pan; invert onto serving plate. Serve warm.