- 1 (2-1/4 tsp.) envelope Fleischmann's® Traditional Yeast
- 3/4 cup warm water (100° to 110°F)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3-3/4 to 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-3/4 teaspoons garlic salt
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup butter OR margarine, softened
- 1 cup shredded Asiago cheese
- 2 tablespoons sweet basil OR 6 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- Combine yeast and warm water (100° to 110°F) in a large bowl. Stir in sugar, 1 cup flour and 1-1/4 teaspoons garlic salt. Beat well, scraping bowl occasionally. Add 3 eggs one at a time, mixing thoroughly after each addition. Beat in butter. Add remaining 2-1/2 to 3 cups flour to make a soft dough.
- Turn out on floured surface and knead 5 minutes. Place dough in a greased bowl; cover and let rise until doubled, about 1 hour OR cover tightly with plastic wrap; refrigerate 8 to 24 hours.
- Knead lightly again. Divide dough in half. Roll each piece into an 9 X 12-inch rectangle.
- Mix cheese, basil, remaining egg and 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt in a small bowl. Spread cheese mixture over dough. Roll up in a long roll. Pinch ends and seams to seal and place each roll in a greased 8-1/2 X 4-1/2-inch loaf pan. Cover; let rise 45 minutes or until doubled in size.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until done.
Recipe Note: To speed rising time, let dough rise on the upper rack of a cool oven with a bowl of hot water placed on the rack below.