- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 tablespoons butter OR margarine
- 1 (2-1/4 tsp.) envelope Fleischmann's® Traditional Yeast
- 2 eggs
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/4 cups (5 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Asiago cheese
- 10 to 12 strips cooked bacon, crumbled (about 1 cup)
- 1 tablespoon chives
- Heat milk, water and butter until warm (100° to 110°F). Pour into large mixing bowl and add yeast. Stir and let rest for 5 minutes. Beat in eggs.
- Combine flour, sugar, baking soda and salt. Add to liquid mixture and beat on medium speed for 2 minutes. Combine cheddar cheese, Asiago cheese, bacon and chives in a bowl. Reserve one third; stir remaining cheese mixture into batter. Pour into greased 9-inch round cake pan. Cover and let rise until doubled, 40 to 50 minutes.
- Bake in preheated 375°F oven for 20 minutes. Sprinkle remaining cheese mixture over bread. Return to oven and bake additional 5 to 10 minutes until well browned and bread is done. Cut into slices and serve warm. Refrigerate leftover bread.