- 4-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 (4-1/2 tsp.) envelopes Fleischmann's® Quick Rise Yeast
- 2 teaspoons Italian herb seasoning
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1-1/4 cups water
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 eggs
- 8 ounces (2 cups) shredded cheese blend (cheddar jack, cheddar mozzarella, etc.), divided
- 10 slices cooked bacon, coarsely chopped
- Combine 1-1/2 cups flour, undissolved yeast, Italian herb seasoning, salt and garlic in a large mixer bowl. Heat water and oil until very warm (120° to 130°F); gradually add to flour mixture. Beat 2 minutes at medium speed of electric mixer, scraping bowl occasionally. Add eggs and 1 cup flour; beat 2 minutes at high speed. Stir in 1 cup cheese and remaining flour to make a stiff batter. Spread batter on greased 15 x 10-inch jelly roll pan or rimmed baking sheet with at least 1-inch sides. Sprinkle with remaining cheese; top with bacon. Cover; let rise in warm, draft-free place until puffy, about 30 minutes.
- Bake at 375°F for 25 to 30 minutes or until done. Cover loosely with foil during last 5 to 10 minutes of baking if cheese begins to overbrown. Remove from pan; cool on wire rack. Serve as strips or squares, or slice and use for sandwiches.
- Topping Variation: Replace bacon with 1-1/2 ounces thinly sliced salami.