- 6 thick slices white, raisin OR whole grain bread
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup Beehive® OR Crown® Golden Syrup
- 1/4 cup butter OR margarine, melted
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- Powdered sugar (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F (if baking immediately). Arrange bread in a single layer in a greased 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
- Beat eggs slightly in a medium bowl. Stir in milk, corn syrup, butter, cinnamon and vanilla until smooth. Pour over bread. Bake immediately OR cover and refrigerate several hours or overnight.
- Bake uncovered at 350°F for 30 minutes. Remove slices from baking dish and invert onto plates. Top with powdered sugar and/or pancake syrup, if desired.