- 3 to 3-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 (2-1/4 tsp.) envelope Fleischmann's® Quick Rise Yeast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons Mazola® Corn Oil
- 1 egg
- 10 slices cheddar OR American cheese
- 1 egg, beaten
Beef and Cabbage Filling
- 1pound/500 g lean ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1-1/2 cups coleslaw mix
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black medium grind pepper
- Combine 1 cup flour, sugar, undissolved yeast and salt in large mixer bowl. Heat water, mil, and oil until very warm (120° to 130°F). Gradually add to flour mixture. Beat 2 minutes at medium speed of electric mixer, scraping bowl occasionally. Add egg and 1 cup flour; beat 2 minutes at high speed. Stir in enough remaining flour to make a soft dough. Knead on lightly floured surface until smooth and elastic, about 8 to 10 minutes. Cover; let rest 10 minutes.
- Divide dough into 10 equal pieces; roll each to 6-inch circle. Place 1 cheese slice on each circle. Top with about 1/2 cup Beef and Cabbage Filling on one half of circle; moisten edges. Fold dough over filling; press with tines of fork to seal. Place on greased baking sheets. Cover; let rise in warm, draft-free place until doubled in size, about 45 minutes. Brush tops with beaten egg.
- Bake at 400°F for 15 to 20 minutes or until done. Remove from sheets; serve warm. Refrigerate or freeze leftovers. To reheat, wrap each pastry in foil; bake at 350°F for 15 to 20 minutes or until heated through. Note: Thaw frozen pastry before reheating.
- Beef and Cabbage Filling: Cook ground beef and onions over medium-high heat 10 minutes or until browned, stirring to crumble. Add cabbage, salt and pepper. Cook 10 minutes over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat; drain and cool.