- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon Fleischmann's® Baking Powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup Mazola® Corn Oil
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract OR 2 teaspoons anise extract
- 1 cup coarsely chopped toasted hazelnuts OR almonds
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray 2 cookie sheets with cooking spray.
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a medium bowl; set aside. Blend eggs, oil and vanilla in a large bowl. Gradually stir flour mixture into egg mixture until well combined. Stir in nuts.
- Shape dough into 4 logs, about 10 to 12 inches long. Place 2 logs on each prepared cookie sheet. Brush each dough log with the beaten egg.
- Bake 20 minutes, rotating cookie sheets halfway through. Remove from oven; let cool 10 minutes.
- Slice each log into 1/2-inch slices. Place cookies, cut side up, on cookie sheets. Bake 15 to 20 minutes more until lightly toasted. Cool completely.
Recipe Tip: To form logs place a quarter of the dough onto the cookie sheet, cover with a sheet of plastic wrap and then form the log. After log is formed remove plastic wrap and repeat for other logs.