- 1 cup Crown® Lily White® or Golden Corn Syrup
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 4 ounces semi-sweet baking chocolate, broken into pieces
- 3 tablespoons butter OR margarine
- 4 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- 1 (9-inch) gluten-free graham cracker pie crust
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling
- 1 cup whipped topping OR whipped cream
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine corn syrup, sugar and salt in a small saucepan. Bring mixture to a boil over medium heat, stirring until sugar is dissolved. Boil for 2 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Add chocolate and butter to syrup mixture, stirring until chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth. Let cool for 5 minutes.
- Slowly pour chocolate mixture over eggs, stirring constantly. Add vanilla and pecans; mix well. Pour mixture into pie crust.
- Bake for about 50 minutes, until center of pie is slightly puffed; cool at least 1 hour. To serve, top each slice of pie with 1/4 cup cherry pie filling and a dollop of whipped topping.