- 2-1/4 cups bread flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 (2-1/4 tsp.) envelope Fleischmann's® Quick Rise Yeast
- 2 teaspoons freshly grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup coarsely chopped dried apricots
- 2/3 cup fresh OR frozen blueberries, thawed
- Combine 3/4 cup flour, sugar, undissolved yeast, lemon peel and salt in a large mixer bowl. Heat milk, water, and butter until very warm (120o to 130oF). Gradually add to flour mixture. Beat 2 minutes at medium speed of electric mixer, scraping bowl occasionally. Add egg and 1/2 cup flour; beat 2 minutes at high speed. Stir in remaining flour and apricots to make a stiff batter. Fold in blueberries by hand.
- Spread evenly in greased 8-1/2 x 4-1/2 loaf pan. Cover; let rise in warm, draft-free place until doubled in size, about 1 hour.
- Bake at 375°F for 30 to 35 minutes or until done. Remove from pan; cool on wire rack.