- 1/3 to 1/2 cup sugar, depending on tartness of blueberries
- 3 tablespoons Fleischmann's® Corn Starch
- 1 package (12 ounces) frozen blueberries OR 2-1/2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1 package (15 ounces) refrigerated pie crusts (2 crusts for 9-inch pies)
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk OR water
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Combine sugar, corn starch and blueberries in a 2-quart saucepan. Bring to boil over medium heat, stirring constantly; boil 1 minute or until mixture thickens. Pour into medium bowl; cover surface with plastic wrap. Cool in refrigerator at least 30 minutes.
- Working with one pie crust at a time, roll pastry to 1/8-inch thickness on lightly floured surface. Cut pastry into 6 (5-inch) circles*. Spoon 1-1/2 tablespoons cooled blueberry mixture on half of each circle, leaving 1/4-inch edge. Fold other half of pastry over filling; press edges together with fork. Repeat with remaining crust and filling. Cut 2 small slits in top of each turnover to vent.
- Place turnovers on ungreased baking sheets. Bake 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- For Glaze: Combine powdered sugar and milk in small bowl. Brush on warm turnovers.
*TIP: Use a 5-inch bowl as guide for cutting pastry into circles.