- 3-1/2 to 4-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 (2-1/4 tsp.) envelope Fleischmann's® Quick Rise Yeast
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1 teaspoon Fleischmann's® Corn Starch
- Combine 2 cups flour, undissolved yeast and salt in a large bowl. Heat water, honey and butter until very warm (120°F to 130°F). Gradually add to dry ingredients. Beat 2 minutes at medium speed of electric mixer; scraping bowl occasionally.
- Increase speed to high and beat 2 minutes. Stir in enough remaining flour to make a soft dough. Knead on lightly floured surface until smooth and elastic; about 8 to 10 minutes. Cover and let rest 10 minutes.
- Divide dough into 10 equal portions on floured counter. Roll each portion into a 5-1/2-inch long and 2-inch wide ovals, taper ends of each roll to resemble a football. Place on greased baking sheet. Cover and let rise about 30 to 40 minutes until doubled.
- Combine water and corn starch in saucepan; bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Stir constantly until thickened and translucent. Brush each roll with cornstarch mixture. Slash each roll, about 1/2-inch deep, with sharp knife length wise; stopping 1/2-inch from each end.
- Bake in preheated oven at 375°F for 25 to 30 minutes; until rolls are brown and hollow when tapped. Remove from baking sheet and cool on wire rack.
- Use Bolillo Rolls to make tasty Mexican sandwiches.