- 2 tablespoons Fleischmann's® Corn Starch
- 3 tablespoons cold water
- 6 dried shiitake mushrooms
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/4 teaspoon white ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon Mazola® Corn Oil
- 4 ounces smoked turkey, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 4 ounces snow peas, trimmed
- 1 red pepper, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 package (14 ounces) firm tofu, drained and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/4 cup chopped basil leaves
- Soak mushrooms in warm water for 15 minutes or until softened. Discard stems and dice caps.
- Combine corn starch and cold water. Stir until corn starch is dissolved; set aside.
- In small bowl combine broth, soy sauce, sesame oil and white pepper; set aside.
- Place a wok over high heat until hot. Add oil, swirling to coat sides. Add turkey; stir-fry for 30 seconds. Add snow peas and pepper; stir-fry for 1 minute or until vegetables are tender-crisp. Add tofu, basil, mushrooms and soy sauce mixture; bring to a boil.
- Stir corn starch mixture until smooth. Add to wok; cook, stirring, until sauce boils and thickens.
- Nutritional Claims: Low in saturated fat, Free of trans fat, Low in cholesterol, Source of fibre, Excellent source of protein, Good source of potassium, Source of iron