- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup butter OR margarine
- 1/4 cup Crown® Lily White® or Golden Corn Syrup
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup very finely chopped pecans or walnuts
- 2 tablespoons brandy
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Melted white and/or semisweet chocolate (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray baking sheets with cooking spray and dust lightly with flour.
- Combine sugar, butter and corn syrup in small saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Stir in flour, pecans, brandy and vanilla extract.
- Drop 12 evenly spaced half teaspoonfuls of batter onto prepared baking sheets (batter will spread!). Bake 6 minutes or until golden. Cool 1 to 2 minutes or until cookies can be lifted but are still warm and pliable; remove with spatula. Curl around handle of wooden spoon; slide off when crisp. If cookies harden before curling, return to oven to soften.
- If desired, drizzle with melted chocolate.
NOTE: If time is limited omit curling step and cool cookies (flat) on wire rack.