- 1 tablespoon Mazola® Corn Oil
- 1/3 cup minced onion
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 whole bay leaves
- 1/2 cup seeded, diced tomatoes
- 1 cup long grain rice
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 cups boiling water
- Heat oil over medium heat in a 2-quart saucepan. Add onion, garlic powder, bay leaf and tomatoes. Sauté 3 to 5 minutes or until onions are transparent. Add rice and salt; cook and stir 1 to 2 minutes.
- Pour boiling water over rice and cook for 5 minutes on high heat. Reduce heat, cover and simmer (about 20 minutes) until rice is fluffy and tender and liquid is absorbed.