- 3 cups bread flour
- 1 (2-1/4 tsp.) envelope Fleischmann's® Quick Rise Yeast
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon water
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon butter OR margarine
- Combine flour, yeast, salt and sugar in a mixing bowl. Heat water, milk and butter to between 120° to 130°F. Stir into flour mixture. Beat 2 minutes at medium speed of electric mixer, scraping bowl occasionally, until a soft dough is formed.
- Turn dough out on a lightly floured surface; knead 6 to 8 minutes until smooth and elastic. Cover dough and let rest 10 minutes.
- Divide dough into 2 equal portions; shape each into smooth ball. Place on greased baking sheet. Cover; let rise in warm, draft-free place until doubled in size, about 1 hour.
- With sharp knife, make 4 (1/4-inch deep) slashes in crisscross fashion on top of loaves. Bake at 375°F for 20 to 25 minutes or until done. Remove from baking sheet; cool on wire rack.
- Cut off 1/3 of loaf; hollow out loaf to form 1/4-inch thick bowl. Fill bowl with soup.