- 3/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1 cup + 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 cup Crown® Lily White® or Golden Corn Syrup
- 1-1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs
- 3 ounces unsweetened chocolate, melted
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup Crown® Lily White® or Golden Corn Syrup
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 4 cups crispy rice cereal
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- Preheat oven to 350?F.
- To make Brownies: Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add corn syrup, vanilla and salt; blend thoroughly. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in melted chocolate. Fold in flour.
- Pour into a greased 13 x 9-inch baking pan. Bake for 23 to 28 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center of pan comes out clean. Cool while making Scotcheroo layer.
- To make Scotcheroo Layer: Cook syrup and sugar together in a large saucepan over medium heat, stirring to dissolve sugar. Bring mixture to a boil; remove from heat. Stir in peanut butter; mix well. Add cereal; stir until evenly coated.
- Dollop small spoonfuls over brownies. Use a narrow spatula sprayed with cooking spray to gently spread over brownies and smooth top.
- Melt chocolate and butterscotch chips together in saucepan over low heat, stirring constantly. Spread over Scotcheroo layer. Cool at least 45 minutes, or until firm. Cut into bars.