- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 (2-1/4 tsp.) packet Fleischmann's® Quick Rise Yeast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups buttermilk OR sour milk
- 2 tablespoons Mazola® Corn Oil
- 1 egg, beaten
- Combine flour, sugar, dry yeast, salt and baking soda in a large mixing bowl. Combine milk and oil in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave on HIGH in 15 second increments until very warm but not hot to the touch (120° to 130°F). Add milk, oil and beaten egg, stirring just with a spoon until blended. Don't over stir or pancakes will be tough. Cover with plastic wrap or a towel; let rise in warm place until bubbly and almost doubled, about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Lightly grease a griddle or skillet with cooking spray or a little oil. Heat over medium-high heat until hot.
- Stir down batter; pour 1/4 cup per pancake onto griddle or skillet. Cook pancakes until edges are dry and surface is bubbly. Turn; cook other side until golden brown. Remove from griddle and serve immediately. Top as desired.