2 cups granulated sugar
⅔ cup Crown corn syrup
¾ cup filtered water
Red & yellow gel food colouring
1 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 large egg
½ cup whole milk
1/3 cup cocoa powder
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon Fleischmann's® Baking Powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup boiling water
1/2 cup butter OR margarine, softened
1/4 cup cocoa powder
1 tablespoon Crown® Lily White® Corn Syrup
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
1 dash salt
3-3/4 cups powdered sugar
2 to 4 tablespoons of milk
Candy flames, to finish (see recipe)
Pretzel sticks, to finish
Marshmallows, to finish
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- To a saucepan over medium heat stir together the sugar, corn syrup & water until the sugar dissolves. Do not stir after this point.
- Add a candy thermometer to the pan. Bring heat to a boil until temperature reaches 240(f) degrees. Add desired food coloring (do NOT stir) & continue cooking until the temperature reaches 280(f) degrees.
- Repeat this step to make additional colours. I recommend red & yellow, as the center will naturally turn orange.
- Transfer the mixture to a pourable measuring cup & pour a small circle of each colour onto the parchment paper. Using a scriber decorating tool, create the flame. Let harden completely before removing it from the parchment.
- Preheat the oven to 350(f) degrees. Line a 12 tin cupcake tray with parchment wrappers.
- In a large mixing bowl whisk together the raw sugar, oil, egg, vanilla & milk.
- Sift in the cocoa powder, flour, baking powder & salt until well combined.
- Slowly pour in the boiling water until a silky smooth batter is formed.
- Evenly divide the batter amongst the prepared cupcake tray.
- Bake for 18 to 20 minutes, until the top, bounces back to touch.
- Let cool before frosting.
- When ready to decorate, pipe with a swirl of chocolate buttercream.
- Transfer frosting to a piping bag fitted with a star tip.
- Pipe a swirl of buttercream onto each cupcake.
- Finish with pretzel sticks as the campfire logs, candy flame as the campfire & a toasted marshmallow if desired.