- 3-1/4 to 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 (4-1/2 tsp.) envelopes Fleischmann's® Quick Rise Yeast
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated lemon peel
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 cups milk (120° to 130°F)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/4 cup Mazola® Corn Oil
- 3 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup crystallized ginger
- Combine 3 cups all-purpose flour, undissolved yeast, lemon peel, and salt in a large mixer bowl.
- Heat milk, water, honey, and oil until very warm (120° to 130°F). Stir into dry ingredients; beat 2 minutes at medium speed of electric mixer, scraping bowl occasionally. Stir in whole wheat flour and enough remaining all-purpose flour to make soft dough. Knead on lightly floured surface until smooth and elastic, about 6 to 8 minutes. Gently knead in the candied ginger. Cover; let rest on floured surface for 10 minutes.
- Punch dough down. Divide into 6 equal pieces. Form each into smooth ball. Gease 2 (8 X 4-inch) loaf pans. Place three balls in each pan. Cover; let rise in warm, draft-free place until doubled in size, about 45 to 60 minutes.
- Bake at 375°F for 40 minutes or until done, covering with foil during the last 15 to 20 minutes to prevent excess browning. Remove from pans; let cool on wire racks.