- 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons Fleischmann's® Corn Starch
- 1/4 cup butter OR margarine, softened
- 1/2 cup finely chopped Pecans
- 25 (5.5 ounce package) Werther's® Original® Chewy Caramels
- 2 tablespoons butter OR margarine
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons Crown® Lily White® Corn Syrup
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line an 8 x 8-inch baking dish with aluminum foil and spray with cooking spray; let foil overhang edge of pan by 2 inches.
- Blend flour, brown sugar and corn starch in a large bowl. Cut in butter with two forks or pastry blender until crumbly. Stir in pecans. Press into prepared pan. Bake for 11 to 13 minutes or until crust is lightly brown. Remove from oven.
- Heat unwrapped caramels, butter, cream and corn syrup in a large microwave-safe bowl on HIGH (100% power) for 1 to 2 minutes, stirring frequently, until mixture is smooth. Carefully spread over baked crust. Bake for 11 to 13 minutes or until caramel is just starting to bubble. Remove from oven and place on wire rack.
- Sprinkle bars with chocolate chips and let rest for 5 minutes until chocolate is melted. Carefully spread chocolate over the caramel using back of spoon for swirl effect leaving portions of caramel exposed. Refrigerate for 2 hours or until chocolate is set. Remove from pan by lifting opposite ends of foil. Place on cutting board and peel away foil before cutting.