- ½ cup of popcorn kernels
- 4 tbsp of vegetable oil
- ½ cup of butter (1 stick)
- ½ cup of golden syrup
- 2 tsp of vanilla extract
- 1 tsp of fine sea salt
- ½ tsp of baking soda
- Preheat the oven to 300°F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, heat oil at medium high heat. Add in kernels and cover with the lid. As the kernels begin to pop, shake the pan continuously so it doesn’t burn. Remove from heat once it stops popping. Spread out onto the 2 baking sheets.
- In a medium saucepan, melt butter on medium heat. Gently stir in golden corn syrup and salt. Bring to a simmer without mixing. Let it cook, undisturbed for 3-4 minutes. Whisk in vanilla and baking soda until the caramel is smooth and glossy (approx. 5 seconds).
- Pour your hot caramel over the popcorn and give it a mix to coat all sides. Even out the popcorn and bake for 25-30 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes.
- Allow to cool completely and enjoy!
For the Popcorn:
For the Caramel: