- 1 cup warm milk (100ºF to 110ºF)
- 1 (2-1/4 tsp.) envelope Fleischmann's® Traditional Yeast
- 4 to 5 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons butter OR margarine, melted
- 1 can (15 ounces) carrots, drained and mashed
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated orange peel
- 1 egg + 1 tablespoon water
- Combine milk and yeast and allow to rest for 5 minutes.
- Combine 2 cups flour, brown sugar and salt in a large mixer bowl. Add butter, carrots, orange peel and yeast mixture. Beat for 2 minutes. Add enough flour to form a soft dough.
- Knead on a lightly floured surface for 3 to 5 minutes until dough is smooth and elastic. Shape dough into a ball and place in a greased bowl, turning once to coat. Cover and let rise until dough is doubled in size, about 1 hour.
- Punch dough down. Divide dough into 12 equal pieces. Form into balls and place on greased baking sheets. Cover and allow to rise about 40 minutes.
- Brush rolls with egg wash and if desired cut a slit in the top of each. Bake for 14 to 16 minutes in a preheated 350°F oven. Remove from pan onto cooling rack.