- 1/4 cup Crown® Lily White® Corn Syrup
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup Fleischmann's® Corn Starch
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 4 large tart apples such as Granny Smith, peeled, cored and sliced (6 cups)
- 1 (9-inch) unbaked deep dish pie crust
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter, chilled, cut up
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Combine corn syrup, honey lemon juice, corn starch, cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves until well mixed. Place apples in a large bowl and stir in syrup mixture. Pour into pie crust.
- Combine flour, sugar, butter and butter in a medium-sized bowl. Cut in pastry blender or 2 forks until crumbly. Sprinkle on top of apples.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until topping is brown and filling is bubbly.