- 2-1/2 to 2-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 1 (2-1/4 tsp.) envelope Fleischmann's® Quick Rise Yeast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup very warm water (120° to 130°F)
- 2 tablespoons Mazola® Corn Oil
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chiles, well drained
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon water
- Combine 1 cup flour, cornmeal, undissolved yeast and salt in larger mixer bowl. Gradually add water and oil to flour mixture. Beat 2 minutes at medium speed of electric mixer, scraping bowl occasionally. Add cheese, chiles and 1/2 cup flour; beat 2 minutes at high speed. Stir in enough remaining flour to make a soft dough. Knead on lightly floured surface until smooth and elastic, about 8 to 10 minutes. Cover; let rest 10 minutes. Roll dough to a 16 x 8-inch rectangle. Cut 16 1-inch crosswise strips. Cut strips in half lengthwise to make 32 strips. Twist each strip in opposite directions three or four times. Place on greased baking sheets. Cover; let rise in warm, draft-free place until doubled in size, about 1 hour.
- Combine egg and water; brush on breadsticks. Bake at 375oF for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm.