- 2-3/4 to 3-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 (2-1/4 tsp.) packet Fleischmann's® Quick Rise Yeast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk (whole, 2%, 1% OR skim)
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup butter OR margarine, melted
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon chives
- 8 ounces/250 g bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- Combine 2 cups flour, sugar, dry yeast and salt in a large mixer bowl and stir until blended. Combine milk and butter in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on HIGH in 15 second increments until very warm but not hot to the touch (120° to 130°F. Butter wont melt completely). Add to flour mixture with egg.
- Beat 2 minutes at medium speed of electric mixer, scraping bowl occasionally. Add 1/2 cup flour; beat 2 minutes at high speed, scraping bowl occasionally. Stir in just enough remaining flour so that the dough will form into a ball.
- Knead on lightly floured surface until smooth and elastic and dough springs back when lightly pressed with 2 fingers, about 6 to 8 minutes. Cover with a towel; let rest for 10 minutes.
- For filling, combine butter, garlic powder and chives in a small bowl.
- Cut dough into 24 pieces. Generously spray a fluted tube pan with cooking spray. Sprinkle about 1/3 of bacon and cheese in bottom of pan. Dip 12 pieces of dough into the melted butter mixture and place in pan. Sprinkle with 1/3 bacon and cheese. Repeat with remaining dough and top with remaining bacon and cheese. Pour any remaining butter over rolls. Cover with towel; let rise in warm place until doubled in size, about 45 minutes.
- Bake in preheated 350°F oven for 25 to 30 minutes or until rolls are golden brown. Cool 5 minutes in pan, then invert on serving plate.