- 1/3 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Fleischmann's® Corn Starch
- 1/3 cup brandy
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) red tart cherries in water
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Combine sugar and corn starch in small saucepan. Stir in brandy.
- Stir in cherries with juices. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Boil 1 minute. Stir in vanilla. Cool to room temperature.
- Serve over ice cream or cake.
Variation: For extra rich sweet sauce, substitute 1 can (14.5 ounces) Bing cherries in heavy syrup for the red tart cherries. Stir in 1 tablespoon butter with the vanilla, if desired.
Variation: For Cherry Amaretto Sauce, substitute 1/3 cup Amaretto liqueur for the brandy.