- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 (2-1/4 tsp.) envelope Fleischmann's® Quick Rise Yeast
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablepoons butter OR margarine
- 1 cup shredded unpeeled zucchini
- 3 tablespoon chives
- 3 to 3-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- Combine whole wheat flour, sugar, salt and yeast in a large mixing bowl.
- Mix sour cream, water and butter in a saucepan or microwave-safe bowl; heat or microwave until very warm (120° to 130°F). Gradually add to yeast mixture and beat 2 minutes at medium speed of electric mixer, scraping bowl occasionally. Add zucchini, chives and 1/2 cup all- purpose flour; beat at high speed 2 minutes. Stir in enough remaining all-purpose flour to make a soft dough.
- Turn out onto a lightly floured board; knead until smooth and elastic, about 8 to 10 minutes. Cover dough and let rest 10 minutes.
- Divide dough into 3 equal pieces. Roll each into a 12-inch long, thick rope. Braid the 3 ropes together, pinching ends to seal. Place in a well greased 9x5-inch loaf pan. Cover; let rise in a warm draft-free place until doubled in bulk, about 1 hour.
- Bake at 375° F for 25 minutes. Remove from pan and cool on wire rack.