- 3-1/2 to 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 (2-1/4 tsp.) envelope Fleischmann's® Quick Rise Yeast
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup evaporated milk
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/3 cup butter OR margarine, cut up
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup chopped slivered toasted almonds
- 1/2 cup miniature semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- Combine 1-1/2 cups flour, sugar, undissolved yeast and salt in a large mixer bowl. Heat milk, butter and 1/4 cup water until very warm (120 to 130°F). Add to flour mixture; beat 2 minutes at medium speed of electric mixer, scraping bowl occasionally. Add 2 eggs and 1/2 cup flour; beat 2 minutes at high speed, scraping bowl occasionally. Stir in enough remaining flour to make stiff batter. Cover and let rest 10 minutes.
- Stir down dough with a spoon. Stir in almonds and chocolate chips. Place dough in well-greased 2 or 3-quart deep round casserole dish. Cover; let rise in warm, draft-free place until doubled in size, about 1 hour.
- Beat remaining egg with 1 tablespoon water; brush over top of dough. Bake on lowest oven rack at 350°F for 55 to 60 minutes or until done (may need to cover with foil for last 10 to 15 minutes if bread gets too dark brown). Cool in dish on wire rack 5 minutes. Remove loaf from dish; cool completely on wire rack.