- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon Fleischmann's® Baking Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup mashed bananas
- 1/2 cup butter OR margarine, melted
- 1/4 cup Crown® Lily White® Corn Syrup
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan.
- Sift or whisk flour, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder and salt in a large bowl. Add brown sugar and sugar; stir to combine. Beat bananas, butter, corn syrup, eggs and vanilla in a separate bowl. Add banana mixture and chocolate chips to dry ingredients; fold gently until just combined.
- Bake 50 to 55 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean (unless you hit a chocolate chip). Cool 10 minutes; remove from pan and finish cooling on wire rack.