- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate
- 1/2 cup Crown® Lily White® Corn Syrup OR 1/2 cup Beehive® OR Crown® Golden Syrup
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 cups firm (day old) bread OR bagel cubes
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts OR pecans
Vanilla Custard Sauce
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon Fleischmann's® Corn Starch
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 1/4 cup Crown® Lily White® Corn Syrup
- 1 egg yolk, slightly beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Combine chocolate, corn syrup, sugar, cinnamon and salt in a large, heavy saucepan. Cook and stir over low heat until chocolate is melted. Remove from heat and stir in milk. Add eggs and bread cubes; let stand 5 minutes.
- Pour mixture into greased 1-1/2-quart casserole dish. Sprinkle with nuts. Bake 30 to 35 mintues or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Serve warm with Vanilla Custard Sauce.
For Vanilla Custard Sauce
- Combine sugar and corn starch in a 2-quart saucepan. Gradually stir in milk until smooth. Stir in corn syrup and egg yolk. Stirring constantly, bring to a boil over medium-low heat and boil 1 minute. Remove from heat. Stir in vanilla.