Chocolate Cake with Raspberry Sauce
- 1 cup flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons Fleischmann's® Corn Starch
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon Fleischmann's® Baking Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 egg white
- 1/3 cup buttermilk
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/3 cup Crown® Lily White® Corn Syrup
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon Mazola® Corn Oil
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen raspberries thawed
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon Fleischmann's® Corn Starch
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine flour, sugar, cocoa, corn starch, baking soda, baking powder and salt in a large bowl; set aside.
- Whisk egg, egg white, buttermilk, water, corn syrup, butter, oil and vanilla in a medium bowl until well blended. Gradually stir into flour mixture until smooth. Pour into a greased 9-inch square baking pan.
- Bake 24 to 28 minutes until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool pan 10 minutes on wire rack before removing cake from pan, if desired. Serve with Raspberry Sauce (recipe follows).
For RASPBERRY SAUCE:
- Strain juice from raspberries (about 1/3 cup) into a small saucepan; set raspberries aside. Stir water, sugar and corn starch into juice. Bring to boil over medium heat, stirring constantly; boil and stir 1 minute, until mixture thickens and becomes glossy. Gently stir in raspberries. Cool before serving. Raspberry Sauce is also delicious with frozen yogurt or ice cream. Makes 1-1/3 cups.
NOTE: Cake recipe may be doubled and baked in a 13 x 9-inch baking pan. Bake 29 to 33 minutes until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
TIP: For another tasty option try this cake with Fluffy Frosting.