- 1/2 cup whipping cream, half & half OR milk
- 1/4 cup Crown® Lily White® Corn Syrup
- 1 egg
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon Fleischmann's® Baking Powder
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup cold butter, cut into pieces
- 1-1/2 cups old fashioned oats, toasted*, divided
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut, toasted* (optional)
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted*
- 1 package (12 ounces) milk chocolate OR semi-sweet chocolate chips, divided
- To toast oats, pecans and coconut, place on a large baking sheet and bake in preheated 350°F oven for 10 to 15 minutes, stirring once or twice until lightly browned. Cool.
- Increase oven temperature 425°F.
- Whisk cream, corn syrup and egg together in small bowl. Reserve 1 tablespoon to brush on tops of scones. Set aside.
- Pulse flour, baking powder, sugar and salt in food processor to combine. Add butter and pulse until crumbly. Transfer to a large bowl. (OR combine dry ingredients in a large bowl and cut butter into dry ingredients using pastry blender or two knives.)
- Measure 2 tablespoons of the toasted oats and set aside. Add remaining oats, pecans, coconut, if desired, and 1 cup chocolate chips to flour mixture; mix well. Make a well in dry ingredients and pour egg mixture into well. Mix until a ragged dough forms.
- Transfer dough to a lightly floured work surface; pat into a 8 x 6-inch rectangle. Brush with reserved tablespoon egg mixture; sprinkle with reserved oats. Use a sharp knife to cut dough, lengthwise into 3 long strips. Cut each strip into 4 squares; cut each square in half diagonally to make 24 wedges. Transfer wedges to lightly greased baking sheet.
- Bake 11 to 14 minutes or until golden. Melt remaining chocolate chips in microwave and drizzle over scones.
TIP: For easy drizzling, transfer melted chocolate to resealable plastic bag and snip off corner. Pipe chocolate onto scones.