- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened (no substitutes)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup Fleischmann's® Corn Starch
- 1/2 cup miniature chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- Mix butter, brown sugar and vanilla using an electric mixer. Gradually blend in flour and corn starch. Add chocolate chips.
- Form into 1-inch balls and place on ungreased baking sheets. Pour tablespoon of sugar on a small plate; dip bottom of drinking glass in sugar and gently press down on each cookie to flatten.
- Bake cookies for 25 to 30 minutes, or until bottoms begin to brown.
- Cool for 5 minutes on baking sheets, then remove to a wire rack to cool completely. Lightly sprinkle additional sugar on top of cookies while cooling, if desired.
Recipe Note: For European-style shortbread, turn dough onto lightly floured surface and knead until smooth, about 2 minutes. Pat into a 1/3-inch thick rectangle, measuring 11 x 8 inches. Cut dough unto 2 x 1-inch strips. Place strips 1 inch apart on ungreased baking sheets. Prick with a fork and bake as above.