- 1/2 cup butter OR margarine
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup Beehive® OR Crown® Golden Syrup
- 2 eggs
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate, melted
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 ounces semi-sweet chocolate
- 1 tablespoon butter OR margarine
- 2 tablespoons Crown® Lily White® or Golden Corn Syrup
- 1 teaspoon milk
- Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy in large bowl with electric mixer on medium-high speed. Add vanilla and corn syrup; blend thoroughly. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in melted chocolate and walnuts. Fold in flour and salt.
- Pour into a greased 8 x 8-inch pan. Bake in preheated 350°F oven for 18 to 20 minutes or until edges begin to pull away from the pan. Cool on wire rack.
- Melt chocolate and butter in a small saucepan over low heat. Remove from heat and stir in corn syrup and milk, beating until smooth. Pour over brownies. Cool 1 hour; cut into squares.