- 2-2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons Fleischmann's® Corn Starch
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Fleischmann's® Baking Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups butter, softened
- 2-1/3 cups sugar
- 4 room-temperature eggs
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup Crown® Lily White® Corn Syrup
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup (3 ounces) semi-sweet OR bittersweet chocolate chips, melted
- 2/3 cup (4 ounces) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1-1/2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons Crown® Lily White® Corn Syrup
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Grease and flour a 10-inch fluted tube pan.
- Sift or whisk flour, corn starch, baking powder and salt together in a medium bowl; set aside. Beat butter in large mixing bowl until creamy. Add sugar and beat 2 to 3 minutes until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs, one at a time until blended. Whisk milk, corn syrup and vanilla in small bowl. Add dry ingredients to butter mixture alternately with milk mixture, mixing after each addition until combined.
- Remove about 3 cups batter to a medium bowl. Stir cocoa and melted chocolate into this batter, using whisk or fork. Alternately spoon vanilla and chocolate batters into prepared pan. Use a large spoon to cut and twist through the batter to create marbled effect.
- Bake 65 to 75 minutes until toothpick inserted in center comes out almost clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes. Remove to wire rack to cool completely.
- Place chocolate chips, butter and vanilla in a medium bowl. Bring cream and corn syrup to a boil in a small saucepan over medium heat (OR heat to boiling in microwave). Remove from heat; pour over chocolate, butter and vanilla. Cover; let stand several minutes until mixture can be whisked smooth and chocolate has melted completely. Cool until mixture is slightly thickened.
- Pour glaze slowly over cooled cake, spreading gently to allow glaze to run down sides.