- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 - 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder, unsweetened, sifted
- 1/3 cup Crown® Lily White® Corn Syrup
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- pinch of salt (optional)
- Combine milk, cream and sugar in a mixing bowl and stir well to dissolve the sugar. Add corn syrup, cocoa powder, vanilla extract and salt; continue stirring until well blended. TIP: Chill 4 hours or overnight for quicker freezing.
- Pour mixture into ice cream machine bowl. Process according to manufacturer directions for 25 to 30 minutes or until the consistency of thick soft-serve ice cream. Can be served immediately or stored in a sealed container in the freezer. The ice cream will become more solid in the freezer.
- Stir-in ideas for fun variations OR make up your own creations: Add chopped cookies, nuts or candies during the last minute of churning or fold in by hand before transferring to a storage container. Use about 1 cup per quart of ice cream. When adding ingredients you will need a container that holds at least 1-1/2 quarts.