- 1/2 cup butter, at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup Crown® Lily White® Corn Syrup
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups chopped pecans, toasted if desired
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (add 1/4 to 1/2 cup for chocolate lovers)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- To prepare CRUST: Beat all ingredients for crust together in medium mixing bowl until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Press mixture evenly into a 13" X 9" baking dish. Bake for about 20 minutes or until crust is golden brown. Cool for at least 5 minutes on wire rack.
- To prepare FILLING: Combine corn syrup, eggs, sugars, butter and vanilla in medium mixing bowl until well blended. Stir in pecans and chocolate chips. Pour filling evenly over baked crust.
- Bake for about 25 minutes or until bars are set. Cool completely for easy cutting.